ScaleMatrix is looking for a seasoned Senior Lead Developer in San Diego. This is a permanent role with a growing company. Salary range commensurate with experience.
ScaleMatrix is currently seeking an experienced Lead Developer to support continued development of its internal and client-facing systems. ScaleMatrix is a growing company with a dynamic and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a team focusing on products and services that enable our client base to utilize auto-scaling cloud services and technologies and to integrate those offerings with existing infrastructure elements. This role requires a senior leader with excellent communication skills and an ability to understand a broad range of technical issues. This person must be able to work independently, as well as part of a small, focused team. The engineering team at ScaleMatrix utilizes compliance-oriented methodologies. Teamwork, strong leadership skills and flexibility are crucial attributes to bring to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- As a senior member of the Development team, help to develop the company’s product roadmap and to guide the development and implementation of new feature functionality in support of the company’s product roadmap
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of current web applications and provide analysis and resolution of bugs as needed.
- Oversee and provide guidance to application and system administration support for web servers, Linux servers, and MY-SQL database servers.
- Create and maintain documentation as required.
- Create test plans and perform proper testing of all applications before releasing into production.
- Design, implement and distribute evolving metric reporting for websites and project status reports as required.
- Advanced MySQL knowledge (candidate must know how to write, maintain and optimize queries with multi-table joins)
- Familiarity with Linux systems (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and proficiency with command line syntax and shell scripting
- Oversee and guide the maintenance and provision of ongoing support of the existing code base
- Supervise Tier-2 technical support provided by the technical staff.
- Be extremely detail-oriented, creative, dependable and trustworthy, with a positive attitude
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills, as well as an ability to multitask, collaborate, and work well within a team environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Qualities
- Four-year degree in CS or equivalent in experience
- 2+ years of experience as a technical team lead, designing solutions and guiding the teams that implement those solutions.
- 6+ years of experience as an application developer using PHP programming language.
- Understanding of Internet software engineering principles, techniques, and development methodologies.
- Effective organizational, analytical, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of managers and employees from junior staff positions through executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, to respond positively to unexpected changes, and to continuously reprioritize as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers.
- Ability and willingness to satisfy all legislated and governing employment requirements.
- Proficiency with database servers, MS-SQL and MY-SQL.
- Proficiency with the Linux operating system and its variants.
- Strong and creative user interface design skills and experience designing portal pages and websites.
Additional Duties for the Senior Lead Developer position include:
- Support business users and administrators in troubleshooting portal and public site issues as requested.
- Collaborate with and provide technical direction to other developers on long and short term projects.
- Design and develop MS SQL databases and triggers/stored Procedures/Views.
- Design and assist with developing applications linking several disparate platforms/environments.
- Oversee and assist with testing of various applications from user/admin perspectives using various browsers and platform terminals (including mobile devices).
- Perform other related duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Reporting responsibilities: Reports to the Director of PM and Development
- Equipment used: PC Servers, PC Gateways, PC Systems, networking hardware (LAN and WAN), firewalls.
- Involves after hours working time and some travel.
The ideal candidate must also:
- Be able to use project management tools like MS Project, TasksPro, GoogleDocs, etc.
- This team lead must demonstrate the ability to understand client requirements and functional specifications.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, innovative, team environment
- Possess strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Be a strong leader, and team player, excellent communicator, and willing to take on challenging projects.
- Be able to write clean, well-documented code, and be able to work under tight deadlines.
We like people that are familiar with and have used various open-source front-end & back-end web frameworks, and are open to learning new technologies.