ScaleMatrix is looking for a seasoned PHP Developer in San Diego. This is a permanent role with a growing company. Salary range commensurate with experience.
ScaleMatrix is currently seeking an experienced PHP Application Developer to support continued development of its internal and client-facing systems. ScaleMatrix is a growing company with a dynamic and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, as well as part of a small, focused team. The engineering team at ScaleMatrix utilizes compliance-oriented methodologies. Communication, teamwork and flexibility are crucial attributes to bring to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Development team, contribute to the creation of new feature functionality in support of the company’s product roadmap
- Monitor and maintain current web applications and provide analysis and resolution of bugs as needed.
- Provide application and system administration support for web servers, Linux servers, and MY-SQL database servers.
- Create and maintain documentation as required.
- Create test plans and perform proper testing of all applications before releasing into production.
- Provide metric reporting for websites and project status reports as required.
- Advanced MySQL knowledge (candidate must know how to write, maintain and optimize queries with multi-table joins)
- Familiarity with Linux systems (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) and proficiency with command line syntax and shell scripting
- Maintain and provide ongoing support of the existing code base
- Provide Tier-2 technical support
- Be extremely detail-oriented, creative, dependable and trustworthy, with a positive attitude
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills, as well as an ability to multitask, collaborate, and work well within a team environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Qualities
- Four-year degree in CS or equivalent in experience
- 4+ years of experience as an application developer using PHP programming language .
- Understanding of Internet software engineering principles, techniques, and development methodologies.
- Proficiency with database servers, MS-SQL and MY-SQL.
- Proficiency with the Linux operating system and its variants.
- Strong and creative user interface design skills and experience designing portal pages and websites.
- Effective organizational, analytical, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of managers and employees from junior staff positions through executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, to respond positively to unexpected changes, and to continuously reprioritize as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers.
- Ability and willingness to satisfy all legislated and governing employment requirements.
Additional Duties for the Developer position include:
- Support business users and administrators in troubleshooting portal and public site issues as requested.
- Collaborate with other developers on long and short term projects.
- Design and develop MS SQL databases and triggers/stored Procedures/Views.
- Develop applications linking several disparate platforms/environments.
- Test various applications from user/admin perspectives using various browsers and platform terminals (including mobile devices).
- Perform other related duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Reporting responsibilities: Reports to the Director of PM and Development
- Equipment used: PC Servers, PC Gateways, PC Systems, networking hardware (LAN and WAN), firewalls.
- Involves after hours working time and some travel.
The ideal candidate must also:
- Be able to use project management tools like MS Project, TasksPro, GoogleDocs, etc.
- This team member must demonstrate the ability to understand client requirements and functional specifications.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, innovative, team environment
- Possess strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Be a team player, excellent communicator, and willing to take on challenging projects.
- Be able to write clean, well-documented code, and be able to work under tight deadlines.
We like people that are familiar with and have used various open-source front-end & back-end web frameworks, and are open to learning new technologies.