The Facilities Associate (FA) for ScaleMatrix will report directly to the Facilities Engineer. Facilities Associates are responsible to perform operational duties in support of daily-to-day in the ScaleMatrix Data Centers. The FA performs a variety of un-skilled to semi-skilled maintenance tasks including inspection, repair and upkeep of various ScaleMatrix facilities, grounds, and other activities as assigned. The FA will perform minor repairs of work spaces, furniture, flooring, and assist in making equipment moves. The FA will work with facilities helpdesk and client with regards to ongoing facilities projects as necessary. FA’s also coordinate with contractors and sub-contractors, if necessary.
- Regularly inspects meeting room(s), prepare furniture and equipment for scheduled meetings.
- The FA will ensure that all equipment and supplies are available and order when needed; deliver as necessary.
- FA’s are responsible for notifying supervisors when call out of engineers is necessary.
- Ensure all deliveries are logged and signed for on collection from staff member.
- Provide support for all aspects of construction, maintenance, repair, and remediation; to include participation and completion of specific construction projects to include; repairs, replacements, demolition, design, and support.
- Clean and prepare workspaces under construction.
- Work with construction contractors and ensure projects are within quoted requirements and timelines.
- May work electrical fabrication and assembly using the following techniques: soldering, crimping, wire wrapping, connector assembly, and wire harness assembly.
- May tend machines; for example, they may use a portable mixer to mix concrete or tend a machine.
- May help other craft workers; including electricians, plasterers, operating engineers, and masons.
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- May operate a fork-lift and other power equipment if certified.
- May work alone or with others.
- Will ensure projects and assignments are performed within Federal/State/Local safety guidelines and requirements; within projected timeframe.
- Will manage time appropriately and will report time according to company requirements.
- Experience related to facilities maintenance preferred.
- Basic knowledge of construction processes, including plumbing, electrical, and trouble shooting.
- Some basic analytical skill as it relates to inventory.
- Able to work independently.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Training available for all listed responsibilities.
- US Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain “Confidential” Security Clearance, or higher as required by project clients
Education / Competencies
- High School Diploma
- Experience related to facilities support
- Experience related to supply