ScaleMatrix is currently seeking a Junior Virtualization Engineer to support continued development of its internal and client-facing systems. ScaleMatrix is a growing company with a dynamic and exciting work environment. This role requires a resource with excellent communication skills and an ability to learn about and understand a broad range of technical issues. This person must be able to work as part of a small, focused team. The engineering team at ScaleMatrix utilizes compliance-oriented methodologies. Teamwork, the ability to function calmly under pressure, and flexibility are crucial attributes to bring to this position.
This Virtualization Engineer will primarily be involved in projects utilizing virtualization within the datacenter environment. Tasking will include building and maintaining ESXi hosts, maintaining VMware vCloud infrastructure, and providing technical support to clients. The Virtualization Engineer must also have a basic system administration skillset in Windows and Linux.
- • Minimum two years of experience in a data center or similar environment.
- • Experience with back-office solutions and IT architecture, as well as experience with cloud-based offerings.
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and straightforward manner.
Education / Competencies
- • Proficiency with VMware ESXi and vSphere.
- • Proficiency with installation and configuration of physical servers.
- • Proficiency with troubleshooting and repair of physical servers.
- • Proficiency with HyperV environments.
- • Basic proficiency in Linux system administration.
- • Basic proficiency in Windows system administration.
- • Experience with PowerCLI.
- • Experience with vCloud Director.
- • Experience with vCNS or NSX
- • Experience with MS SQL.
- • Basic IT certifications .