ScaleMatrix is currently seeking a Virtualization/Data Protection Engineer to support continued development of its internal and client-facing systems. ScaleMatrix is a growing company with a dynamic and exciting work environment. This role requires a resource with excellent communication skills and an ability to learn about and understand a broad range of technical issues. This person must be able to work as part of a small, focused team. The engineering team at ScaleMatrix utilizes compliance-oriented methodologies. Teamwork, the ability to function calmly under pressure, and flexibility are crucial attributes to bring to this position.
This Virtualization/Data Protection Engineer will primarily be involved in projects delivering virtualization and data protection, utilizing a variety of virtualization, backup, and disaster recovery products, within the datacenter environment. Tasking will include deploying and managing numerous production and development VMware vSphere deployments across multiple hosts and VMs.
It will also include deploying individual and multi-tenant disaster recovery and cloud backup solutions powered by Zerto, Veeam, and CTERA.
This engineer will work closely with clients to troubleshoot guest OS issues in Windows and Linux desktop and server products.
- • Minimum two to four years of experience in a datacenter or similar environment.
- • Experience with back-office solutions and IT architecture, as well as experience with cloud-based offerings.
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and straightforward manner.
Education / Competencies
- • Proficiency with VMware ESXi and vSphere.
- • Proficiency with installation and configuration of physical servers.
- • Proficiency with troubleshooting and repair of physical servers.
- • Proficiency with HyperV environments.
- • Familiarity with AD, DNS, Powershell, Barracuda Firewalls, Exchange, Nagios, Zabbix, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, and other products.
- • Basic proficiency in Linux system administration.
- • Basic proficiency in Windows system administration.
- • Experience with a broad section of the VMware product catalog including ESXi, vCloud Director, vSAN, vShield Manager, NSX, Chargeback Manager, and vCloud Usage Meter.
- • Experience with PowerCLI.
- • Experience with MS SQL.
- • Basic IT certifications